2 Drummond Road, Thornton, Liverpool, L23 9YP
0151 932 1595 07504 132 121
The King’s Church, or Maghull Christian Fellowship as it was first called, started life in October 1983.
The church never owned a building in Maghull or Lydiate but met in a diverse variety of locations such as; the Pensioners Association, the Stafford Moreton Youth Club, Maghull Town Hall, the Hare and Hounds pub and from about 1990 to 2006, Deyes High School Maghull.
The church has also always used members’ homes throughout the week for smaller gatherings.
The church is not a building but people – God’s people!
In 1995 Calvary Christian Fellowship Thornton joined with Maghull Christian Fellowship and the enlarged church was re-named ‘The King’s Church’. The King's Church members live throughout Central Sefton and beyond.
Over the years the church has been involved in lots of different activities including; children, youth and pensioners activities, cabarets, open air events, pram clubs, parenting courses and Alpha courses, to name just a few.
As Christians we seek to affect the community in which we live and work, and work in partnership with many local churches, schools and other organisations.
In short we aim not to be an ordinary church but to be an exciting, growing, changing, praying, evangelising, caring, discipling, praising community!